Back to School: How to organize and keep you're sanity!
As August arrives, so do thoughts of back to school, mounds of papers, and daily routines. Although Ken and I now are technically considered empty-nesters, we do have a daughter that teaches elementary school, so we are still well aware of the endless needs of those starting back to school. As organizing is near and dear to my heart, I used a binder system while our girls were in school to keep the endless amounts of paper and information contained. My OCD tendencies seem to have rubbed off on them as both girls use binders now to organize endless projects and subjects themselves!
I started with a binder for each of them (this is particularly helpful when attending different schools). Each binder had at least five tabs broken down as follows:
§ Ms. Barker's Class
- School/Teacher Contact Information: include classroom number; bus number, times, and pick up/drop off information
- School supply list: in case you need to replace items mid-year
- Classroom newsletters
- Weekly homework schedule: when reading logs are due etc.
- School calendar: flyers, field trips, etc.
- Lunch menus
- Permission slips
- Music performances
- Sport schedules
- Copies of all beginning of the year paperwork
1 Corinthians 14:33 - For God is not a God of confusion but of peace.Peace and order will keep the confusion at bay and keep you're relationship with you're children healthy. Children will see you care about them and there education, which in turn will give them a sense of pride.